The Murals of Hope program (formerly known as The Emanuel Project) provides students with the unique opportunity to work side-by-side in painting a mural with the nationally renowned painter, sculptor and muralist Emanuel Martinez. The program has a powerful impact towards improving the lives of at-risk youth by helping students strengthen communication skills, build self-esteem and bolster academic performance through a mural process.
Terms of the Program
Participation in the Emanuel Project/ArtsBridge mural program requires your help in implementing the program and your support in providing data and feedback on its progress and impact. Once you have decided to join the program, there are a few important requirements:
We will need your help in implementing the program in your facility.
- Make arrangements with our curriculum specialist and mural artist to bring supplies.
- Seek to engage outside individuals to help implement art programs after school or weekends.
- Agree to help create awareness of the project in your facility by displaying posters and communicating with staff and students prior to Emanuel’s arrival.
- Select a proper location for the mural in the facility.
- Data and feedback on the progress of the Mural creation (photos and updates).
- Data, such as case studies, test scores, discipline reports, hours in isolation, etc.
- Pictures and stories of how you have implemented the program in your facility and how the supplies are being utilized.